I believe it is important for God’s Church to acknowledge that the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution gives evidence that AM’s Founding Fathers gave us a Christian nation because God will not bless our nation to heal our land if we persist in seeing it and ourselves through the paradigm of a lie called “separation of church and state.” Jesus says in John 8:32 “Truth sets us free.” So we also need to see that Satan uses lies to enslave us and our nation.
It seems counter-intuitive to me that churches who quote “separation of church and state” actually also attend National Day of Prayer events, so that God will influence the state, from which they believe He should be separate. It seems inconsistent and contradictory to me that people who quote “separation of church and state” attend National Day of Prayer events so that the state will be influenced by God whom they say should remain separate from the affairs of state.
Regardless of whether or not you are a Bible-believing Christian, you should be an honest student of history and acknowledge the reason America’s Founding Fathers conjoined 5 right in the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution is because Biblical Christianity — the only religion they practiced — is supposed to
- Inform our national conscience of what is right and wrong, and how we are to conduct ourselves in our personal, civic and government affairs. And Biblical Christianity is to be the guide for
- Our speech – both what we speak up for, and what we speak out against. And what is considered wholesome and perverted.
- How the Press is supposed to conduct itself to a) report crime as that which is consistent with what the Bible calls sin, and b) report as noteworthy that which the Bible calls praiseworthy.
- Freedom to Assemble, so we can worship God at events like this and exercise our freedom of speech rights to pray in public and bless God in public.
- In the event that our government strays from these Biblical principles America’s Founding Fathers wanted to encourage us to Mass Ourselves Together to Petition the Gov’t to obtain a Redress – a righting of the wrongs – for such grievances.
No one is saying everyone in Am’ has to be a born again Christian. Neither did America’s Founding Fathers establish a Theocracy. What they designed was a culture where each individual was encouraged to self-govern under the 10 Commandments. Of course our nation’s civic laws are based on the 10 Commandments – as everyone has a right not be murdered, stolen from nor lied to or about.
The beauty of societies that operate as Christian cultures – you don’t have to be a Christian, nor convert to Christianity to enjoy the benefits of living in one. What we’ve enjoyed in Western Civilization in general and in America in particular is unlike anything the world has ever seen of known, which are cultures based upon everyone trying to treat each other according to the 10 Commandments.