1 John 5:4 says “for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.”… For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.Satan comes to capture us with subtle lies based in positive-sounding causes like feminism, racism and sustainability. Click To Tweet
Are today’s popular causes focusing us on “Victory in Jesus” or do they focus us on wallowing in the world’s Victimhood?
- Satan comes to capture us with subtle lies based in positive-sounding causes like feminism, racism and sustainability. The problem with all these good sounding causes is that they either are based on unforgiveness of perceived past wrongs, which violate the fundamental precept of Christianity, which is forgiveness, or they undermine the concept that God is a Good, Benevolent Creator Who Made a Completely Sustainable world for us to live in and enjoy.
- Sustainability says that some people are using more than their fair share of the earth’s resources, and that those so-called greedy people need to pay a higher propionate share of taxes or carbon-credits to make up for what they are or have been using.
- The Sustainability mythology or religion if you will, ignores 3 essential elements about what the Bible teaches.
1) It ignores Genesis chapters 1 – 3 where God says everything He made is good, and that humans are to be fruitful and multiply (not abort each other), and
2) They are to subdue or harness the natural resources God gives us, so we can make life better and more fulfilling for ourselves and others.
3) The concept of Sustainability ignores Ecclesiastes 1: 4 which says, “A generation goes and a generation comes, But the earth remains forever.” Every natural resource God gives us, which the world is trying to tell us is harmful, comes from the good earth that God created for us. Consider this: Coal and oil
4) Sustainability also ignores how God’s Divine Providence may indeed be blessing some people with success, and thus those people are able to hire more people to help them make the additional products, goods and services that more and more people are willing to pay a profitable price to enjoy. It ignores how God has blessed people to work honorably by using the talents, gifts and abilities God gives them. Success means increased activity, which the prosperity haters are trying to tell us is evil.
The concepts within the sustainability mythology are attempting to victimize us by getting us to think that the victories Jesus gives us are bad. Succumbing to lies makes us vulnerable victims of evil. Living as Victors in Christ is how we get lifted up in liberty.